If your pet:
▪ is bleeding
▪ having trouble breathing
▪ has been hit by a car, or sustained other traumatic injury
▪ is unconscious
▪ has ingested something potentially poisonous (including chocolate, raisins, xyilitol (an artifical sweetener) or household plant)*
▪ is having the dry heaves
▪ has persistent vomiting or diarrhea
▪ is vomiting blood or passing blood from the rectum
▪ can not urinate or defecate
▪ has an eye injury, or cannot open its eyelids
▪ is showing paralysis
▪ is running a fever over 104
▪ has been in hard labor for more than 30 minutes
▪ or is generally in pain
then you should immediately seek emergency help.
If you need assistance during regular business hours, call: 952-545-9161.
After hours: M-F 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. Sa-Su, holidays 24 hrs, call AEVS in Eden Prairie at 952-942-8272 or Golden Valley, on Highway 55 at 763-529-6560.
*Ingestion of common items such as household plants, chocolate, alcohol and xyilitol, to name a few might seem harmless but they can be extremely toxic. For a more complete list visit the ASPCA Poison Control Center